H&H is offering an exciting opportunity for a Bridge Inspector to join our Raleigh, NC office and be an integral part of NCDOT NBIS Bridge Inspection Projects.H&H is a full-service infrastructure engineering firm with more than 135 years of experience steeped in solving complex engineering challenges. Consulting firms, contractors and infrastructure owners count on us when innovative design and intricate engineering solutions are required. Our specialty lies in the ability to manage the entire life cycle of engineering services and support. We employ teams of superior engineers that bring a forward-thinking approach using the world’s latest project management, design, and support innovations.Responsibilities
- Lead a team to perform monthly NBIS element-level inspections of State-owned bridges, municipal bridges, privately owned bridges, railroad bridges, metal traffic signal poles, sign structures, ferry docks, and traffic attenuators located throughout North Carolina.
- Orchestrate and manage all aspects and personnel of the inspection and reporting phases of the project as well as performing Quality Control duties.
- Instructing Assistant Team Leaders and other inspection staff on a daily basis; assign inspection tasks and report writing tasks.
- Document the condition of the inspected structures; write reports and oversee report writing of junior inspectors.
- Opportunity to perform structural analysis and load rating of inspected structures, as well as other structural analysis duties, as required.
- Opportunity to serve as the point of contact for the client, subconsultants, subcontractors and inspection equipment vendors and engage in all phases of the project and communicate the findings, results and progress directly to the client.
- Must be willing to travel/perform field work. Inspection activities will include maneuvering inspection equipment such as ladders and small boats with assistance.
- Certified NCDOT Team Lead.
- Notable NCDOT Bridge Inspection Experience.
- NHI Safety Inspection Certification. Completion of 130055 NHI Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges, or equivalent.
- WIGINS Experience.
- Load Rating and Report Writing Experience.
- Valid US Driver’s License.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Bluebeam.
- Strong Client Relationship Skills.
- Strong Organizational and Writing Skills.
- B.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- NC PE License.
BenefitsWe are offering a professional work environment, competitive salary, benefits package, and 410(k)EOE M/F/ DISABILITY/VETS