Your role at GEI.As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Senior Project Manager (PM) with supervisory experience, you will pursue and execute projects and lead teams alongside our current Dallas and broader GEI geostructural practice area team. As a successful engineer and PM, you will join others who have similar talents: highly motivated, organized, and have a demonstrated record of strong project management, strong business development skills, strong interpersonal skills, networking skills, and client relationships. You will manage and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams for engineering design projects in Dallas and the South Region. You will be a leader for the office, clients, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders. You will join a leadership team that influences local branch business decisions and that supports region and company strategic direction.Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Exemplify commitment to technical excellence/quality balanced with client-expectations and satisfaction, and profitable project management.
- Manage technical, financial, and client relationship aspects of engineering projects.
- Local and regional travel expected, national travel possible.
- Serve as a role model for leadership, company culture, and values.
- Lead and grow group of Dallas geotechnical engineers. Commit to coaching, mentoring and supervisory responsibilities.
- Lead and assist in business development activities within practice; identify and pursue key clients/business areas, growth, capture strategy, proposal preparation and project execution.
- Assist in developing new and existing clients and markets by cross-selling GEI’s core business areas including water resources, geotechnical, environmental, ecological, and civil engineering.
- Assist leadership team in local planning and growth and provide support to regional and national level initiatives.
- Develop a networking partnership with practitioners across the company.
- Participate on technical teams working across multiple offices throughout the country, problem-solving, preparing plans and specifications, and meeting with clients and subcontractors.
- B.S. in Civil/Geostructural Engineering. M.S. in Engineering is a plus.
- P.E. certification in TX.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail balanced with proven communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity and/or experience with detailed design and specification preparation.
- Adaptable to changes in workload and a fast-paced work environment.
- 15+ years of previous professional experience in engineering consulting and knowledge of Texas marketplace.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license.
We are GEI.Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow. We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.Employee-owned. Employee-focused.As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.GEI’s Total Rewards Package
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.