Your role at GEI.GEI’s New York City offices are seeking a motivated & experienced geostructural or geotechnical project manager to assist on a variety of projects throughout the region. Work will primarily pertain to commercial and industrial properties, infrastructure, excavation support systems, foundation systems, ground improvement, and inspection of existing structures along with geotechnical investigations and geotechnical instrumentation.Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Perform geotechnical and structural analysis and design, and present data and results.
- Observe & manage field explorations and construction activities.
- Assist in preparing full design packages with calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Oversee construction of specialty geotechnical and geostructural items such as deep and shallow foundations, tiebacks, support of excavation, bracing, and grouting among others.
- Manage projects, attend project meetings, and communicate with clients.
- Prepare technical letters and reports.
- Train and mentor staff.
- Develop proposals and participate in other business development activities.
- Collaborate with GEI staff and clients across various offices, regions, and disciplines.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering; Master’s in Geotechnical or Structural Engineering preferred.
- 8 or more years of experience.
- Professional Engineer license required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of CAD and other common software used in the engineering profession. Experience in Civil 3D a plus.
- Extensive modeling experience with STAAD or similar program.
- Able to travel on temporary assignments as needed.
- Able to perform field work on active construction sites without restrictions, and in inclement weather if required.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license.
We are GEI.Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow. We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.Employee-owned. Employee-focused.As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.GEI’s Total Rewards Package
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Pay Range For This Position: $90,000-$130,000 depending on experience.
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.