Your role at GEI.We are seeking a Waterfront/Structural Engineer Project Manager to join our Portland, ME office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing waterfront and coastal engineering practice. You will have the opportunity to work on:
- Marine infrastructure projects that include municipal, commercial, and recreational waterfront, port, and harbor facilities.
- Coastal stabilization and resiliency projects that incorporate beach nourishment, living shoreline measures and hard armoring (bulkheads, revetments, seawalls, etc.).
- Waterfront planning that includes harbor improvements, adaptation for sea level rise and climate change, and regional growth programs.
- Waterfront facility inspections including coordination, leading, and/or support for teams of in-house engineer-divers and drone pilots.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist GEI’s waterfront and coastal engineering practice, with increasing expertise in structural design, coastal processes, and regulatory compliance for cost effective, and efficient projects.
- Serve as design engineer and project manager for waterfront, and coastal projects.
- Collaborate with engineers and scientists from GEI’s other core services in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Prepare calculations for project components that may include concrete, steel, aluminum, and timber elements.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Develop construction drawings, technical specifications, cost estimates and documents.
- Provide construction administration and field observation.
- Assist with training, mentoring, and managing junior staff.
- Contribute to strategic planning at the office, regional, and national levels.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- B.S. degree in Structural or Civil Engineering with an M.S. degree preferred.
- 10 or more years of experience as a project engineer on Civil, Structural and Coastal Engineering projects.
- Registered professional engineer in Maine, or ability to obtain within 6 months of joining GEI.
- Experience with Local, State, and Federal permitting of waterfront projects.
- Experience with interdisciplinary design teams.
- Demonstrated success leading proposal efforts and developing clients.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to travel for client meetings and business development, including some overnight travel.
- Experience with field inspection of waterfront structures following ASCE MOP 130, including relevant PADI and/or ADCI dive certifications is a plus.
We are GEI.Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow. We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.Employee-owned. Employee-focused.As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.Benefits
- Market-Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision and More
- Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- And More…
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.