Your role at GEI.GEI’s New York City offices are seeking a motivated & experienced structural engineer to assist on a variety of projects throughout the region. Work will primarily pertain to residential and commercial properties including building envelope design, failure investigation, NYC FISP (Local Law 11) inspection and reports, and other exciting work.Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Assisting project managers to execute projects and assignments associated with structural engineering.
- Structural analysis and design of existing residential and commercial buildings as related to existing building envelope assemblies such as framing, windows, doors, parapets, and roofs.
- Collaborate with project managers and technical staff across the company.
- Document as-built conditions and review repair work on both supported scaffold and suspended scaffold.
- Write letters and prepare technical reports.
- Travel to project sites and other offices as required, including overnight travel.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals, and the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Develop construction drawings, technical specifications, cost estimates, and bid documents.
- Provide construction administration and field observation.
- Communicate with clients, contractors, and third-party vendors.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering; Master’s in Structural Engineering preferred.
- Structural course work required.
- 0 to 5 years of experience in facade rehabilitation, roofing, waterproofing, windows and structural investigations.
- Familiarity with NYC Building Code.
- Must have passed the F.E. exam.
- SPRAT certification a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of CAD and other common software used in the engineering profession. Experience in Civil 3D a plus.
- Travel to job locations as needed.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license.
- Ability to perform field work on active construction sites without restrictions, and in inclement weather if required.
We are GEI.Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow. We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.Employee-owned. Employee-focused.As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.GEI’s Total Rewards Package Includes
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Pay Range For This Position: $70,000 – $95,000/year dependent upon experience
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.