TypeExperiencedReference numberREF2324TLocationCharlotte NCApply now
Structural EngineerThis position can be located in Charlotte or Winston-Salem, NC. Ramboll has offices throughout the US and for the right candidate, the location could be flexible. Hybrid roles have an expectation of a minimum of 2 days per week in office. We invite you to bring your experience and skills into play as you contribute to the innovative building solutions we offer our clients.Click the apply-button to send your application.Inviting bright mindsDo you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.You will join our Southeast Advanced Manufacturing Civil, Structural and Architectural departmentAs our new Sr. Structural Engineer, you will be part of a highly skilled and experienced team of building design professionals who execute interesting and diverse projects in the industrial and manufacturing sector. Our team is at the forefront of helping clients achieve their built environment goals emphasizing sustainability concepts. You will have opportunities to collaborate with design and construction professionals in all the Ramboll business units and organizations in the Americas and globally including Environment & Health, Water, and Advanced Manufacturing.The Senior Engineer will perform complex assignments requiring the application of advanced engineering techniques for an entire project or selected segments of a complete project. The individual must be capable of exercising independent judgment in evaluating, selecting and applying advanced engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to make major design decisions and direct the entire design team.Your core responsibilities will be:
- Directly communicates with internal stakeholders (e.g., project manager, subject matter expert, project owner) and external stakeholders (e.g., vendors, subcontractors, contractors).
- Prepares proposals, fee estimates, purchase orders, and subcontract agreements.
- Serves as a technical lead engineer of the quality review process of work products developed by others and coordinates the work of other engineering disciplines into the final design deliverables.
- Trains and mentors early career Engineering employees.
- Senior Engineers may be designated as a Project Manager.
- Provide support for construction projects, including cost estimating, construction phasing/scheduling, site inspections, punch list development and review od shop drawings.
- Prepare technical reports to define projects and provide clients with technical direction.
- Acts as a leader in implementing and promoting health and safety requirements and guidance.
- Coordinates safe performance of work and appropriate safety training of the team.
- Mastered engineering fundamentals and software packages.
- Proficient with drawing production tools such as AutoCAD, REVIT.
- Proficient with engineering analysis software (Finite Element Analysis software such as STAAD, RISA).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Works very effectively in teams and at times is a primary team coordinator.
- Commitment to delivering high quality work products to our clients, demonstrating an ability to develop less experienced employees or an ability to develop client relationships.
- Experience in the development and management of staff, project management and business development within a consulting engineering environment preferred.
- Leadership capability to make quick and sometimes tough decisions. Develop opportunities for individuals to work together. Encourages and seeks out feedback.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Effectively utilizes established quality control processes and regularly communicates project status to the project manager or project owner.
- Participates in relevant professional affiliations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 8+ years of qualifying engineering experience in the engineering/design field.
- Professional licensure (PE)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.