Do you want to help engineer what’s next?Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is a national engineering firm committed to delivering holistic advice for our clients’ most complex challenges. We leverage our collective and diverse experience, technical expertise, and industry knowledge of structures and building enclosures, advanced analysis, code consulting, and applied science & research to deliver unrivaled, comprehensive solutions that drive superior performance. With more than 600 employees in eight office locations throughout the United States, SGH’s industry-leading teams constantly seek to advance the meaning of what’s possible. We want someone passionate about engineering mechanics and problem solving.The Engineering Mechanics and Infrastructure (EMI) group provides structural and soil-structure interaction engineering services with emphasis on investigation, repair and rehabilitation of hydraulic infrastructure. Our work includes culverts, pipelines, tanks, nuclear facilities, and specialty structures and components. We conduct field work to investigate culvert installations, structural failures, to monitor construction conformance to contract specifications, and for industry and government research projects. Our engineering work is supported by our in-house testing laboratory. Essential duties include internal pipeline inspection requiring the ability to work in confined spaces, and the ability to travel (alone or accompanied) by airplane and car to multiple job sites. Additional duties include field evaluation of soils, laboratory testing of structural materials structural analysis/design, and preparation of drawings and specifications What You'll Be Doing:
- Conduct field investigations and inspections, monitor field construction, and write inspection reports under the supervision/direction of senior staff.
- Generate or check structural analysis calculations, drawings, reports, and specifications.
- Generate or check geotechnical analysis, calculations, drawings, reports, and specifications.
- Plan and monitor or perform laboratory investigations.
- Assist with client communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
What You'll Need:
- MS in Civil Engineering with specialization in Structural or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Engineer-in-training (EIT) registration or the ability to obtain within 1 year.
- 0-2 years of experience in field engineering, including field inspections and monitoring of contractor compliance; emphasis on underground construction preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and spend 30-50% or more of time conducting field inspections.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces including underground pipes (typically 36 in. diameter and larger). Safety training is provided.
- Must be able to travel by plane and car, and have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
What makes careers at SGH so special? The only way to advance is to question and explore. Every member of the SGH team is both a learner and an educator, committed to advancing ourselves, our teams, and our industry. Together, we are creating a community that never settles for what is, but always seeks what could be. There are many reasons to love SGH.
- Our Work: Our clients trust us to bring clarity and deliver outstanding solutions for their most complex projects.
- Our People: We are bold thinkers and compassionate teammates, committed to lifelong learning and professional growth.
- Our Commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back to our professions and communities.
- Our Contribution: We offer a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email [email protected]