DescriptionThe Staff Structural Engineer will work on project teams to create world class designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments on a variety of projects including power, process, corporate, healthcare, pipeline airports, institutional, industrial, manufacturing, government and military facilities. The Staff Structural Engineer will work with the project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting structural plans according to budget constraints, design factors or client needs.
- Perform structural design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion.
- Modify and review production drawings for a variety of projects including, but not limited to: power plants, process facilities, industrial facilities, healthcare facilities, airports, educational institutions, commercial, and governmental and military facilities.
- Design structural components for project needs and requirements that are set forth by the project managers.
- Applies strong knowledge of commonly used structural engineering/design concepts, principles, practices, codes, and procedures within the structural engineering services industry.
- Research and compile project related data as required by the project managers.
- Update drawings provided by senior engineers to verify corrections are made within multiple CAD related software.
- Compiles information for client presentations, shop drawing review, and contract administration for the design of power, process, pipeline, industrial, healthcare, airports, educational institutions, commercial, and governmental and military facilities.
- Performs field inspections, measurements or calculations for public and private clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Structural Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program. and 3 years structural engineering experience, consulting preferred. Required or
- Bachelor Degree in Structural or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam. and 3 years structural engineering experience, consulting preferred. Required or
- Master Degree in Structural Engineering and 2 years structural engineering experience, consulting preferred. Required
- Strong knowledge in standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong computer skills include structural analysis programs (e.g., RISA 3D), AutoCAD, ETABS, SAFE and BIM (e.g., Revit and Tekla).
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Engineers in Training-EIT Certification Preferred