GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking a Marine Structural Project Manager/Waterfront Engineer with 6 to 15 years’ experience to support our waterfront and marine practice in our Manhattan, NY office. The ideal candidate for this position is a seasoned consulting professional with a strong “doer-seller” aptitude and the motivation and desire to foster technical excellence and strong client relationships. We expect this Project Manager to be an enthusiastic outgoing person with the desire and motivation to embrace external networking and marketing activities to help us locally grow our practice.
As a Marine Structural Project Manager/Waterfront Engineer, you will work with a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex coastal projects. You will successfully execute all aspects of projects under the guidance of a company Principal. You will also represent GZA with the client throughout proposal, contract, and project performance phases, will be responsible for day to day execution of technical and financial aspects of each project, will be involved with marketing activities and networking events, and will be involved with the development and mentoring of staff. Project Managers have ownership opportunities with the firm and the potential for advancement to principal levels.
- Managing project team, delegating to office and field staff, and executing day to day activities of projects
- Conducting internal and client communications
- Monitoring team performance for compliance with contractual agreements and budgets
- Conducting/reviewing technical analyses/calculations
- Providing business development support
- Preparing proposals and reviewing/writing reports with Principal guidance and review
- Managing and mentoring GZA existing staff of project-level engineers
- Participating in meetings and agency consultation
- Developing construction plans and specifications
- Preparing construction cost/quantity estimates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred
- Marine Engineering experience at consulting engineering firms and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations throughout the New England area
- Experience working on permitting, design and construction projects including Construction Plans, Specifications and Cost Estimating.
- Self-starter, able to complete tasks with minimal supervision and direction
- Demonstrate professional judgment, consistency, strong attention to detail, and background of high quality work products
- Demonstrate performance of independent analysis, problem solving and strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge
- Strong interest in safety
- PE license strongly preferred
Salary Range: 100/yr-140k/yr depending on experienceBenefits:
- Collaboration with a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects
- Professional development and enrichment programs
- Exciting work environment
- Opportunities for company ownership, financial growth & career advancement
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401K retirement plan
About GZA:GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, geo-civil engineering, construction management and environmental remediation firm. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.