Do you want to help engineer what’s next?
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is a national engineering firm committed to delivering holistic advice for our clients’ most complex challenges. SGH provides services in Building Engineering, Infrastructure and Special Structures, and Construction Engineering. We implement innovative techniques for design, analysis, and project management and our laboratories support our design and investigation work with material, mechanical, and environmental testing. At SGH, we use our collective and diverse experience, technical expertise, and industry knowledge to deliver unrivaled, comprehensive solutions that drive superior performance. With more than 600 employees in eight office locations throughout the United States, SGH’s industry-leading teams constantly seek to advance the meaning of what’s possible.We want someone passionate about engineering and problem solvingWe are looking for a motivated and inquisitive licensed engineer with a technical degree and background in geotechnical and/or geostructural engineering to provide a resource to our clients and
staff. The Position:
• Analyzing, designing, and investigating geotechnical or geo-structural projects such as support of excavation, adjacent construction, settlement, earth-retaining structures, ground improvement,
and similar projects.
• Supervising and leading teams of engineers and working directly with clients under the supervision of a Principal.
• Located in Waltham, MA or New York, NY.What You’ll Be Doing:
• Preparing proposals, planning and conducting work, supervising project staff.
• Managing complex design, investigation, and analysis projects.
• Analyzing research and investigation data to develop interpretations and conclusions.
• Providing forensic investigation support as required.
• Writing technical reports and developing presentations to clearly and logically provide wellfounded interpretations and conclusions to clients.
• Serving as a technical support for other staff in your area of experience and expertise.
• Staying abreast of new methods and developments affecting your technical specialty.
• Actively participating in industry organizations while developing industry recognition.
What You’ll Need:
• 6+ years of relevant experience and expertise in relevant field.
• MS or PhD in Geotechnical or GeoStructural Engineering.
• Professional Licensure required, including SE if eligible or applicable
• Familiarity with analysis software such as XXXXXXX
• Excellent oral and written communications.
• Ability to work independently or in large multi-disciplinary teams.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with high levels of motivation, initiative, and energy.
• Ability to interact effectively with both internal and external customers.
• Experience managing projects.
• Ability to work in the field.
• Strong ethical standards.
• Affiliation with pertinent industry organizations such as AISC, ACI, ICRI, ASCE, or similar.
• Valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.What makes careers at SGH so special?
The only way to advance is to question and explore. Every member of the SGH team is both a learner
and an educator, committed to advancing ourselves, our teams, and our industry. Together we are
creating a community that never settles for what is, but always seeks what could be.
There are many reasons to love SGH.• Our Work: Our clients trust us to bring clarity and deliver outstanding solutions for their most
• Our People: We are bold thinkers and compassionate teammates, committed to lifelong learning
and professional growth.
• Our Commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back to our
professions and communities.
• Our Contribution: We offer a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with
company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and
future prosperity.Anticipated annual base salary: $94,000 - $156,000. This range is a good-faith estimate provided pursuant to the California Pay Transparency Law. The actual salary offered may vary from the range, as permitted by the California Equal Pay Transparency Law, and will be based on several factors including the candidate’s experience and qualifications, education, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. Base salary is a part of SGH’s industry-leading Total Compensation package. Our Total Compensation package includes base salary, pay for extra hours worked, an annual bonus program, generous paid time off, and health and wellness benefits with a special emphasis on substantial SGH contributions to medical insurance premiums and SGH’s Profit Sharing & 401(k) Plan.SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email