In this role as a Technical Modeler, you will work closely with the structural engineering team. Job tasks will include rapidly developing structural building information models (BIMs), annotating plan and details, creating three-dimensional renderings, rationalizing geometry for appropriate structural schemes, and assisting with creating structural narratives. Position requires written and spoken communication skills with frequent interactions with clients, architects and contractors. Our projects range vastly in scale, detail, and complexity, and this position requires being able to work on multiple projects at a time with engineers and modelers from multiple geographic locations. Qualified candidates should also possess a high energy level and be a self-motivated professional who can work within a strong team environment, serving clients on major projects throughout the United States and internationally. Technical specialization, proactivity and aggressiveness when meeting client and project needs, are pluses.
- 3-7 years’ experience in relevant commercial building design as an architectural or structural designer, modeler or engineer;
- Demonstrated career growth that includes experience working on design teams for a variety of building types
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting or Drafting Technology preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience in use of Revit, Tekla, and AutoCAD required; knowledge and experience in Rhinoceros, including parametric modeling and visual programming is preferred;
- Candidates must be proactive, have strong organizational skill, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be client-service oriented
In addition to the above, the qualified candidate will have relevant experience working on design of a variety of structures, including sports, aviation, healthcare, education, office buildings, and cultural buildings with construction costs of $25 million and up.
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, water resources, traffic, transportation engineering, and parking consulting services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape our communities. Founded in 1931, we are headquartered in Houston, Texas and have more than 700+ professionals working across 21 U.S. offices and 5 international locations. Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws and encourage all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
If you don't see a role open you're interested in, Connect with us here to send us your resume.