Job DescriptionWe are looking for a Design Engineer that has experience with structural engineering to support deep foundation, earth retention, and construction engineering projects. Experience with reinforced concrete design, concrete and steel detailing, and excavation support and deep foundation design is preferred. The selected candidate needs to be able to determine load paths in structural systems and document these analyses in a clear and concise manner.Construction observation/management and basic understanding of earth pressure theory is a plus. Under the direction of a Senior Engineer, this individual will provide support to ongoing design efforts that include preparation of design documents for foundations and excavations support systems; ground improvement; and geotechnical instrumentation.Essential Responsibilities & DutiesThe desired design skills include geotechnical and/or structural design, AutoCAD drafting and technical specification support. Familiarity with basic excavation support design and deep foundation design is a plus. Other responsibilities include performing or preparing:
- Coordination and interpretation of lab tests.
- Engineering analyses and calculations.
- Preparation of technical memos, reports, and construction specifications.
- Field observation of construction activities.
- Design and modification of drawings using AutoCad.
- Structural detailing.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with a focus on Structural Engineering is required
- M.S. in Structural Engineering is preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience is required
- Excellent writing and general communication skills
- Familiarity with CAD and drafting is a must;
- 30% or more travel is possible
- Ability to perform field work
We are GEI.Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow. We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.Employee-owned. Employee-focused.As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.GEI’s Total Rewards Package
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Pay Range For This Position: $70,000 – $80,000/year
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans. Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Talent Acquisition at
Email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.