Job available in these locations:
San Diego, CA, United StatesCosta Mesa, CA, United StatesPrincipal Geotechnical Engineer
At Haley & Aldrich, we pride ourselves on our small-company culture, with big-company opportunities. Our staff appreciate that project diversity and flexible environment. Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Bring your expertise, industry knowledge, and leadership to Haley & Aldrich – we’ll give you the flexibility and support to chart your own career path and explore the areas you’re passionate about.We are currently seeking an industry leader in geotechnical engineering to join our growing Southern California team. The ideal Principal Geotechnical Engineer candidate brings a book of geotechnical business, significant consulting experience, and client relationships to provide leadership, strategic direction, and innovative technical support to increase our client base in Southern California, especially in San Diego, and direct the geotechnical aspects of projects across multiple market sectors focused on buildings and public infrastructure improvements. We look for creative and pragmatic professionals to work on complex projects with collaborative, multidisciplinary teams.The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and capable problem solver who can effectively direct the creation of technically accurate deliverables to meet client needs. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team, while advancing your career with a leading national engineering and consulting firm.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Engage in developing and executing strategic geotechnical engineering consulting work with identified existing and target clients to result in at least $750,000 in net revenue annually.
- Actively participate in two or three professional organizations focused on the local market and/or issues faced by our clients.
- Have a passion and demonstrated success for developing business with new clients and continuing to foster trusted relationships with existing clients.
- Develop annual client action plans, forecast client revenue and profits to support strategy deployment, and lead pursuits with project team members.
- Develop and implement business strategies to meet stated business metric goals for our West Coast market (CA, OR, WA, and HI) in cooperation with other offices and senior management.
- Prepare proposals and obtain mutually agreeable contracts.
- Direct and execute geotechnical engineering consulting projects, acting as the main client contact for work attained.
- Oversee the safe execution of all phases of a project to meet the client’s objectives, technical standards of practice, and company goals for revenue generation and profitability.
- Demonstrate strong technical competence in the services required by the client.
- Manage all phases and aspects of projects to address client goals and objectives.
- Direct the execution of projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Mentor staff through a “learn-by-doing” model.
- Coordinate with client representatives and external stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively in a team-based environment.
- Master’s degree in civil engineering with a focus in geotechnical engineering.
- More than 15 years of experience in strategic geotechnical engineering consulting in Southern California.
- A minimum of 3 years in a project management role.
- Professional engineering registration (PE and GE in California).
- Project experience and established relationships with owners and A/E firms in Southern California.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and delivering at least $750,000 in annual net revenue for consulting work.
- Strong track record of:
- developing and maintaining client relationships;
- incorporating, promoting and implementing health and safety across all aspects of work;
- recruiting and mentoring staff in support of business growth and service delivery goals.
- Experience in designing and executing subsurface investigations, engineering analyses and preparation of contract documents for a range of project and client types.
- Ability to work successfully in a single profit center, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient at writing, reviewing, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives, and client expectations.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Some travel for business development and collaboration across offices may be required.
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900+ engineers, scientists, and constructors in 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with California Equal Pay Transparency laws, the base salary range for this role in CA is $150,000 - $200,000.#LI-JL1