Looking for a place to start your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough engineering problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Contaminated Sediment Remediation Intern in our Brooklyn, NY or Pennington, NJ office, you will have the opportunity to apply your engineering (civil, geotechnical, environmental, and water resources) academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) intern for approximately 13 to 15 weeks during the spring, summer, or fall semester of 2023. Preferred candidates would have the ability to return to the position for one or more additional semester rotations during their undergraduate or graduate studies. Candidates are responsible for coordinating their own transportation to and from the office, and for relocation expenses.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with engineering calculations using computer-based technical tools;
- Technical writing of reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Data input and analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures;
- Follow instructions and interact with engineers, geologists, office administrative staff, CADD operators (draftsmen), contractors and construction personnel; and
- Potential for fieldwork such as contamination assessment, remediation, monitoring, and construction projects in contaminated waterway settings.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Currently registered in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate university degree program in a relevant engineering or science discipline. (required)
- Degree focus area in civil, geotechnical, environmental or water resources engineering. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with ArcView, CADD, and/or Microsoft Office. (preferred)
- Outstanding academic credentials and exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills. (required)
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong oral communication and technical writing skills. (preferred)
- Position may also require health and safety training for working in the field as part of our corporate Health and Safety procedures.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license, reliable transportation, and satisfactory driving record to drive to project sites. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsThe Geosyntec family of companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
The EEOC Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency policies are available here:Geosyntec is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call (561) 995-0900 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.