Bloom is currently seeking a highly motivated senior level Civil Engineer. This position requires you to work with a growing civil engineering group on a diverse variety of projects. Project work currently includes civil site development for new and redevelopment sites, grading design, storm water management (hydraulic and hydrologic design, certification, and permitting), sanitary and storm sewer evaluation, rehabilitation and design, domestic water distribution design, low impact development and green infrastructure design. The Bloom family has developed a mentor-mentee culture that allows us to share our experiences with one another; and in return we can all grow personally and professionally. Where you have shortcomings, others in the company may have strengths. Keep that in mind as you read through our preferred additional qualifications below. We see value in anything you can bring to the table; even if it’s something other than what we have listed here.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Actively participating in the project planning and design process. This includes, data gathering and field investigations, developing design/feasibility studies, plans, specifications, cost estimates and design reports.
- Serving as the technical reviewer for all project deliverables and design calculations in the Civil Engineering Group.
- Providing technical assistance and guidance to the Civil Group staff assigned to construction management activities; i.e. submittal reviews, requests for information, and processing change orders.
- Providing and promoting mentoring opportunities for other staff members including cross training and succession planning.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- 15+ years of overall experience in the engineering field
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Strong technical design skills
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Wisconsin
- The ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to provide technical review of work completed by others, and to provide good Quality Control of submittals
- A valid drivers license with a good driving record
- Preferred, Not Required: Professional Engineer (PE) license in other States outside of Wisconsin; or willing to obtain. (Minnesota and Illinois are the highest priority)
- Preferred, Not Required: Additional certifications relevant to your area(s) of expertise and interest
- Preferred, Not Required: Proficiency with software used in civil engineering design. This includes: Civil 3D, MicroStation, Stormwater modeling software such as SLAMM, HEC-RAS, HydroCAD, C3D Storm and Sanitary extensions, GIS, and Excel