We’re Hiring!Our Tucson, Arizona office is growing and we have openings for experienced Engineers that are looking to grow with us! Tucson is a vibrant community with a strong economy and affordable lifestyle, with enriching cultural offerings, including the Tucson Symphony Orchestra and the Arizona Opera. Tucson is home to 120 parks, 5 public golf courses, the Reid Park Zoo and Botanic Gardens making it a family-friendly city that is still affordable. Saguaro National Park and Coronado National Forest offer outdoor enthusiasts a vast playground to explore. The University of Arizona, Davis Air Force Base, several high-tech companies, railroads and tourism make Tucson an exciting place to live and work.About Knight Piésold:Knight Piésold is a specialized international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower and Water Resources. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale. Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with 100 years of industry experience.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and see the world while you learn, with projects around the world to take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
- Our Tucson office offers a unique blend of responsibility in client engagement, project management, and hands-on mentoring in advanced civil/geotechnical design and soil mechanics from experienced technical senior staff.
The Role:The Design Lead role will require a person with a technical background in geotechnical or civil design. Candidates with experience in design of tailings facilities and/or water dams would be preferred. As a design lead, the candidate would be responsible for working with senior engineers to develop design solutions and working with junior engineers to communicate project tasks and supervise work completion and quality.In their role as the Design Lead the successful candidate would be expected to work with senior engineers to:
- Develop geotechnical characterizations for mine waste and native foundation materials.
- Perform geotechnical analyses (slope stability, seepage analysis, settlement analysis) for earthen structures.
- Be familiar with hydrological and hydraulic design processes and integrate with water management engineering teams to provide inputs for design.
- Identify performance requirements for earthen structures and develop solutions to meet the project needs.
- Understand civil engineering requirements for earthen structures at existing and new development sites, including access roads, construction scheduling, water management and overall design integration.
- Prepare technical specifications and Drawings for designs.
- Prepare technical design reports.
- Communicate risk and design basis to clients and third-party review panels.
As a Project Lead, the candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills in English (fluency is expected). Fluency in Spanish and other languages would be considered advantageous. The project lead role is expected to track overall project performance with respect to budget, schedule and deliverable quality. The project lead role would be expected to work with senior engineers, Project Assistants and the project team to:
- Develop project schedules and track project progress against the schedule.
- Monitor project costs against contracted budgets.
- Review project work regularly to confirm quality objectives are being met.
- Develop relationships with clients based on meeting technical expectations, delivering high quality service and excellent communication.
- Set expectations for project team members.
- Communicate project performance to senior engineers and the KP Management Team.
- Identify and communicate potential project issues with senior engineers and the KP Management Team.
An Ideal Candidate:The ideal candidate cares about the quality of their work and being a strong contributor to a team. A strong desire to learn and grow with a team is a must. Key requirements for the role are as follows:
- Strong working knowledge of, and experience in civil, geotechnical, water resources, environmental engineering and/or earthwork construction principles.
- Minimum of a Bachelors' degree (B.S.) in civil engineering, geotechnical or water resources and 5-12 years of experience in earthwork construction projects.
- Successful candidates must be able to read, analyze and interpret engineering reports, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. They must also be able to write technical reports and business correspondence. Competency in both written and spoken English required. Spanish would be an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Knowledge of Civil 3D, GEO-Slope programs, GINT, HEC-RAS, and other latest geotechnical and hydrology/hydraulics analysis and design software would be an asset.
- Registration or eligibility, with the requisite experience, to be registered as a professional engineer in Arizona.
Work Environment:Work will be in both office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory. Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program.--Knight Piésold provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.EEO Policy