To lead civil engineering design of the Reko Diq project from feasibility through to project implementation. This includes defining and managing civil engineering works for owner managed components of the project. Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of civil works for early-stage site establishment
- Deliver supply input requirements to enable contract tender and management
- Feasibility study leadership working with engineering partner for;
- Site infrastructure including draining, roads, airstrip etc
- Construction materials sourcing options review
- Field management of construction geotechnical review program
- Design specifications review and approval
- Field location / geotechnical review and design input for major offsite infrastructure
- Develop project plans, schedules and sequencing for relevant project elements to ensure proper planning of all civil related aspects of the project work
- Drive value opportunities and quality review through detailed design and project implementation;
- Role will report to the Engineering Manager as one of a team of engineering disciples
Qualifications & Level of Experience & System KnowledgeQualification:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience working on project scoping and design of major infrastructure / facility projects
- Experience working on major infrastructure / facility construction
- Experience defining civil design specifications based on site conditions
Country Specific Requirements
- Fluent in reading, writing, reading and interrupting in English language, required
Other Barrick Global Compliance RequirementsEnvironmental Requirements/ Considerations:
- Propose and update the documents related to the SGA related to the areas of its competence.
- Participate in the identification or update of environmental aspects and impacts, as well as comply with the monitoring of environmental controls, measurement and verification mechanisms associated with environmental management that correspond to them.
- Participate in the identification of opportunities for improvement in activities related to the SGA.
- Ensure that the operational procedures in their charge are correctly applied.
- Provide information derived from the environmental management that falls on the position.
- Participate in environmental training activities when required, in coordination with their hierarchical supervisors.
- Communicate to the environmental area those events that constitute environmental incidents according to the current procedures, as well as participate in the investigation of them, contributing to the formulation of action plans.
- Carry out the tasks and works in accordance with the Environmental Policy and the guidelines of the Environmental Management System.
- Report environmental incidents and formulate corrective, preventive or mitigating measures, as appropriate.
- Participate in the corresponding environmental training activities.
- Cooperate and contribute to the overall success of the Environmental Management System by actively participating in its activities.
Health and Safety Requirements/ Considerations:
- You must be able to carry out all the essential functions of your position in a safe and responsible manner, including taking the necessary precautionary measures to protect your own health and safety, the health and safety of others.
- Always use and maintain properly protective clothing and equipment, and other facilities provided for the protection of your health and the safety of others.
- Report to your supervisor any situation that you consider represents a risk to your health or safety, to that of any other person.
- Abide by the rules and cooperate with the management of the Risk Prevention Department, employees and others to ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Performs inspections of health and safety conditions and risks in your workplace as necessary, corrects issues / conditions / risks that do not meet the standards and / or reports them to your supervisor by the appropriate means.
- Ask questions and / or inform your supervisor when you are not sure about any health or safety condition, policy or procedure.
Each and every one has the responsibility and is authorized to take personal leadership to:
- Ensure personal compliance with all ASS standards.
- Take immediate action to correct any sub-standard condition or behavior.
- Ensure that work areas and equipment are in safe condition.
- Ensure that each task / work is performed safely and without adverse consequences for health.
- Identify, evaluate, control and report hazards using the Land Level Risk Assessments.
Ethics & Code of Conduct:
- Completes all tasks in an ethical manner, in line with Barrick’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (“The Code”) and Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy (“Anti-Corruption Policy”).
- Reports any concerns and follows all obligations set out in applicable policies, including The Code, the Anti-Corruption Policy, Anti-Fraud Policy, Human Rights Policy and all supporting documentation.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity. With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions. The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.