Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic and innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is seeking an exceptional Mining Surface Water / Treatment Engineer to join our team in our Denver, CO office. This position is well-suited for a talented, highly experienced individual who is interested in being a leader and contributing to innovative and challenging projects, including the financial and technical evaluation, design, permitting, and construction stages. Our client base includes a diverse mix of surface and underground mining clients.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Founded in 1983, we are employee-owned and have more than 1,800 professionals across our 80+ offices. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESCollaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and development, and mentoring tasks. Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Experience with surface water management and permitting (NPDES), acid mine drainage and treatment, and mine dewatering systems and treatment;
- Work under minimal supervision and lead projects or tasks with a firm understanding of the goals and objectives of our clients;
- Management and mentoring of junior staff and managing subcontractors;
- Prepare technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Review and manage written document production;
- Prepare for and participate in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties;
- Work with other professionals to develop new mining clients for the firm; and
- At times, job may also include fieldwork including travel to select project locations throughout the Midwest.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 10%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in mining, civil, water resources, surface water engineering or water quality/treatment engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in relevant engineering discipline. (preferred)
- Professional certification (P.E. or equivalent) or ability to obtain when eligible. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 7 years (8+ preferred) of applied mining and/or industrial water experience, (consulting or industry); or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience with surface water management and permitting (NPDES). (required)
- Experience with acid mine drainage and treatment. (required)
- Experience with mine dewatering systems, treatment, and groundwater control. (required)
- Experience with water storage facility design, including dam break study and water balance analysis. (required)
- Experience with tailings storage facility design. (preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience implementing the Global Industry Standard on Tailings Management (GISTM). (minimum proficiency required)
- Knowledgeable of MSHA, applicable state, and OSM regulations related to surface water management. (required)
- Experience managing the overall delivery of projects including, project planning and controls, financial management, change management, risk management, and contract/subcontract management. (required)
- Positive relationship with mining regulatory agencies. (required)
- Solid interpersonal skills and experience with presentations. (required)
- Ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsBelow is the range that we in good faith believe is the potential compensation for this role at the time of this posting and is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. The typical base salary range for this position is just one component of Geosyntec’s total compensation package for employees. Actual compensation will be determined based on education, experience, skill set and location.
- Minimum Salary: $100,425
- Maximum Salary: $130,555
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including, paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), and other benefits to eligible employees.The Geosyntec family of companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
The EEOC Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency policies are available here:Geosyntec is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call (561) 995-0900 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.