If you are looking for a home for the best years of your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic and innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals, Geosyntec is the place for you! We are seeking an exceptional Principal Remediation Engineer or Geologist in Chicago or Oak Brook, IL. This position is well-suited for a talented, highly experienced individual who is interested in being a leader and contributing to innovative and challenging projects, including the financial and technical evaluation, design, permitting, and construction stages. Our client base includes a diverse mix of industrial, institutional, and governmental clients.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESCollaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. Additional responsibilities may include project management, staff management and development, and mentoring tasks. Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan;
- Providing strong technical leadership, guidance and mentoring skills to less experienced staff;
- Project management, financial management, resource management including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Reporting including preparation of technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Maintaining a positive health & safety culture which is central to our business;
- Preparing for and participating in meetings or negotiations with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties; and
- Be a practice leader for one or more innovative remedial technologies (in-situ, thermal, biological, physical-chemical), recalcitrant pollutants (chlorinated solvents, PCBs, heavy metals), emerging pollutants, sediment remediation, MGP sites, vapor intrusion investigation and mitigation, or industrial wastewater treatment.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 10%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (civil, chemical, or environmental) or Geology. (required)
- Advanced degree the same. (preferred)
- Professional certification (P.E., P.G., L.S.R.P., or equivalent). (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 10 years (15+ preferred) of direct environmental consulting experience in the Illinois marketplace. (required)
- Detailed understanding EPA and State of Illinois regulations. (required)
- Experience in development of site closure strategies. (required)
- Active participation in national conferences (Battelle, WEFTEC, RemTech, AWMA etc.) and professional organizations (ASCE, AICHE, ITRC etc.). (preferred)
- Effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and outside agencies and build effective working relationships, and is always aiming to exceed client expectations; (required)
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients. (required)
- Experience leading teams, projects and early to mid-career professionals; (preferred)
- Experience with managing project resources, finances, and schedules;
- Strong communication and technical writing skills; (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.The Geosyntec family of companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
The EEOC Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency policies are available here:Geosyntec is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call (561) 995-0900 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.