Job Description Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm delivering value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place to Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking a Civil Engineering Team Leader for our Indianapolis, IN office.The Civil Engineering Team Leader is a strong communicator (written/oral) and collaborator capable of working with technical staff, management, and firm leadership. They are responsible for effective planning and scheduling of key resources on land development design projects, managing the technical staff including promoting the growth of the team, and has managerial and technical problem-solving skills to meet the team’s challenges. The Civil Engineering Team Leader tracks and manages phases for Land Development Design projects. Reporting staff include design engineers, single discipline project managers, and CAD technicians. The Civil Engineering Team Leader performs goal setting for the team, conducts performance reviews, and works with the discipline leader on personnel changes and interviews and hires technical team members when appropriate. The Civil Engineering Team Leader also provides a technical role to the team in addition to the people management role. This may include but is not limited to planning, design, budgeting, and project scheduling on project related work.Responsibilities:
- Establishes employee performance goals, provides regular feedback and works with discipline leaders and assigned technical team members to achieve individual and sector goals.
- Effectively resolves conflict within team by initiating and facilitating communication.
- Mentors and coaches their direct reports.
- Clarifies performance expectations of phase and/or task deliverables.
- Directs and delegates execution of quality project deliverables to and among technical team members.
- Communicates issues affecting phase/task or project schedule, budget or quality and escalates unresolved issues to project manager and/or discipline leader.
- Identifies plan vs. actual performance variances. Provides monthly reporting of resource planning, percent completes, budget dollar variance and market communications.
- BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 8-10 years professional experience preferred.
- Previous people management experience that includes having established goals with staff, conducting performance reviews, conflict resolution, and a desire to lead to success is preferred.
- Must be able to make sound decisions/recommendations based on the evaluation and synthesis of project information and data.
- Must possess strong organizational skills to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Must be comfortable taking initiative to interact with others.
- While committed to team efforts, must be willing to act independently. A strong sense of personal responsibility for deadlines and work product is a must.
- Strong communicator.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Skilled at working online and with databases (Microsoft Excel).
- Civil 3D experience is preferred but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)