Looking for a place to start your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough engineering problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! As an Intern / Co-Op – Geology / Geotechnical Engineering in Huntington, West Virginia, you will have the opportunity to apply your geology or geotechnical engineering academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. We are seeking a part-time (approximately 20 hours/week) intern for approximately 1 to 2 academic semesters during the 2022-2023 academic year. Preferred candidates would have the ability to return to the position for up to two additional semester rotations during their undergraduate or graduate studies. Candidates are responsible for coordinating their own transportation to and from the office.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with engineering calculations using computer-based technical tools;
- Technical writing of reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Use of remote sensing data for geohazard identification, characterization, and monitoring;
- Data input and analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures;
- Follow instructions and interact with engineers, geologists, office administrative staff, CADD operators (draftsmen), contractors and construction personnel; and
- Potential for fieldwork such as surface and subsurface geotechnical, geological, and geohazard site investigation and characterization.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Currently registered in a Bachelor’s or Master’s university degree program in a relevant engineering discipline. (required)
- Degree focus area in geology or geotechnical engineering. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with ArcView, CADD, and/or Microsoft Office. (preferred)
- Outstanding academic credentials and exceptional interpersonal, technical writing, and problem-solving skills. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license, reliable transportation, and satisfactory driving record to drive to project sites. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsEqual Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.