Looking for a place to kick-start your career? A place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging civil, geotechnical, and environmental problems, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? As an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer in Lakewood or Greenwood Village, Colorado, you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations on projects involving site characterization; waste containment facility design and construction; earth retaining structures; deep and soft/weak foundations; dams and water containment structures; forensic investigations and litigation support; geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring; numerical analysis of stability and deformation; and geohazard / earthquake characterization / mitigation. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR as #53 among the Top 500 Design Firms, and with multiple Top 20 ENR rankings in specialty areas, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESIs this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the entry-level geotechnical engineer include the items listed below.
- Conduct geotechnical and environmental field investigations;
- Monitor heavy civil construction projects;
- Write and review engineering calculations, reports, letters, memoranda, plans, and specifications;
- Utilize traditional or computer-based technical tools to perform engineering calculations (e.g., static and dynamic slope stability, hydraulics, settlement, etc.);
- Support landfill, waste containment, mining, stormwater management system, erosion and sediment control, and environmental cleanup site design and permitting;
- Assemble data for analysis, including preparing maps, tables, logs, and figures.
- Continue professional/career development through work experience, external professional organizations, trainings, etc., consistent with Geosyntec’s policies and procedures.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture. Here are some other things you should know about a typical entry-level geotechnical engineer position with Geosyntec:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 30%
- Overnight travel: Up to 50%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in civil and/or environmental engineering or geology. (required)
- Advanced degree in geotechnical engineering. (preferred)
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification. (preferred)
- Successful completion of accredited undergraduate Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering courses. (valuable)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint). (required)
- Experience with geotechnical and engineering software such as AutoCAD or AutoCAD Civil 3D, PLAXIS, and SLIDE. (preferred)
- Prior internship or work experience in engineering consulting. (preferred)
- Outstanding academic credentials and exceptional interpersonal, technical writing, and analytical/problem-solving skills. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
As a federal contractor subject to Executive Order 14042, we require employees working on federal projects or who are classified in a support role to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to a disability or for religion. If you will require an accommodation, Human Resources will discuss this with you should an offer of employment be extended to you.CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits