Geosyntec is looking for a creative and talented Video & Web Digital Media Specialist and modern communicator to be based out of one of our Southern California offices in Los Angeles, San Diego, or San Francisco Bay area, (Oakland or Walnut Creek) California. The position will assemble recordings into a finished product that tells a story matching the technical excellence of our engineers and scientists. The position provides the development and implementation of digital media designs that support the company’s internal and external communications requirements by working with stakeholder communities such as practice and market groups, corporate support departments, and senior leaders; and supports the development and implementation of the company’s web presence to communicate and reinforce brand images and messages through the development of video and messages to reach key audiences in support the internal and external communications goals of the company.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the performance of the following activities:
- Support the strategic goals of Geosyntec as expressed in the current Strategic Plan by enhancing the company brands through application of marketing and communications concepts expressed primarily in digital media.
- Develop Geosyntec’s capabilities by editing videos that appear in web, presentation, and event environments.
- Assist in updates and maintenance of web properties including websites and third-party systems including social media.
- Originate written content within editorial guidelines that transforms factual material from subject matter experts into compelling marketing messages.
- Provide creative leadership by delivering design concepts that represent the state of the practice.
- Promote cost and time efficiency in the development and promulgation of internal and external communications.
- Engage in ongoing assessment of Geosyntec’s digital design presence in the marketplace and make recommendations for continuing to distinguish the firm competitively.
- Provide project management leadership when required in the supervision of outside resources including independent contractors and subcontractors for interactive support services.
- Manage quality control for digital media deliverables for corporate communications initiatives and projects.
- Provide creative contribution to the firm’s digital communications initiatives.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital media, art, or related field. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of progressive professional experience performing increasingly complex assignments requiring client interface, communications strategy, development of creative approaches and treatments that align with the strategy, and leading projects and project teams; or equivalent combination of industry-specific experience and training that provides the requisite knowledge skills and abilities may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree. (required)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, web programming software. (required)
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret marketing, technical, and other business documents. (required)
- Ability to create correspondence pieces that are well written and organized, clearly presented, focused on the subject at hand, and to further the Geosyntec brand and standard American English. (required)
- Ability to create effective presentations on business communications and marketing topics to senior management, internal/external clients, and other stakeholders. (required)
- Ability to provide principles of logical thinking to a variety of technical and practical problems. (required)
- Ability to understand legislative/regulatory activities, basic accounting principles, market data, marketing and business plans, and budget analysis. (required)
- Ability to deal with multi-faceted complex interpersonal situations involving internal/external clients, and colleagues at all levels. (required)
- Ability to drive to company offices and for other business travel, as needed. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsEqual Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.