If you’re looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Staff Hydrogeologist or Remediation Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA, working for our contaminated site assessment & remediation practice, you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. This position is not eligible for company employment sponsorship now or in future.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESIs this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Fieldwork such as soil, soil vapor and groundwater sampling, drilling and contractor oversight, and remediation treatment system operation and maintenance;
- Chemical data and contaminant fate & transport evaluation;
- Well installation, aquifer testing, and pilot testing;
- Groundwater and soil remedy evaluation, cost estimation, calculations, and implementation;
- Environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance services, and permitting;
- Data analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures; and
- Preparation of technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, and proposals.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires 40-hour OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 80%
- Overnight travel: Up to 40%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in geology or environmental, civil, or chemical engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in geology or environmental engineering. (preferred)
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or Geologist in Training (GIT) certification (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior research experience in contaminated media or remediation technology. (preferred)
- Prior research experience in soil physical properties and hydrology (preferred)
- Prior internship experience in environmental consulting. (preferred)
- Experience with ArcView, Microsoft Access/SQL, Modflow, Surfer, KT-3D, Leapfrog and/or EVS. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
- This position is not eligible for company employment sponsorship now or in future.
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsEqual Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.