Looking for a place to expand your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! We’re looking for an Experienced Geotechnical Engineer with at least 5 years of experience to join our geoenvironmental and geotechnical practice in Huntington Beach or San Diego, California. Apply your engineering skills to projects involving dam safety, pipelines and utilities, landfills, mines, brownfields redevelopment, and other water and waste containment systems while further developing the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESIs this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Geotechnical engineering analyses such as slope stability, settlement, bearing capacity, seismic, and seepage;
- Geotechnical and environmental site characterization;
- Preparation of engineering reports, design calculations, drawings, technical specifications, and permit applications;
- Civil design, landfill design, vapor mitigation design, and site layout;
- Development and management of instrumentation monitoring systems;
- Small project/task management and proposal preparation support; and
- Fieldwork associated with design and construction services.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you may be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with business development, staff management, and mentoring tasks. Here are some other things you should know about this position.
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 50%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in civil or geotechnical engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in civil or geotechnical engineering. (preferred)
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration in California or the ability to obtain P.E. registration within 2 years. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Demonstrated strong interest in geotechnical engineering. (required)
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Experience with modeling/design tools such as AUTOCAD, Slope/W, FLAC, and ARCGIS. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.REQ NO: EXPER02438