As a Temporary Works Engineer on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will support the project through providing calculations and designs for structures such as, false-work, shoring and cofferdams as per the set project and QHSE standards. You will also provide support for means and methods, and design for constructability.
- Perform calculations and prepare plans for temporary and permanent structures such as formwork, falsework, cofferdams and other support of excavation structures, and specialized material lifting and handling devices
- Coordinate design and constructability efforts with the project group to deliver designs within budget, time and quality constraints
- Design, model (if required), and stamp the required temporary works.
- Perform constructability reviews to improve structural details of temporary works
- Evaluate and approve manufacturer’s equipment, subcontractor’s and consultants proposals, data, and reports on permanent and temporary works for conformance as soon as sign and seal is required
- Maintain engineering records, lists and schedules for engineering works, ensuring necessary approvals are in place in order to proceed with design
- Prepare written reports and submittals for temporary and permanent works designs including calculations and drawings
- Supervise the preparation of written reports and submittals for temporary works designs prepared by other Engineers
- May coordinate work of drafters, designers, technical assistants, engineers, subcontractors; including work assignments, scheduling, and review under limited supervision of the engineering manager
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 3+ years related experience in the design and/or construction sector for heavy civil projects
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Bentley platforms in both 2D and 3D is required.
- Experience in structural analysis software such as RISA-3D; Mathcad etc. is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of engineering techniques