|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Years of Experience||10|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Jacobs Buildings & Infrastructure Group in Arlington, VA is seeking a creative, highly motivated Transportation Project Manager to market and lead the delivery of local and regional projects. The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by designing world-class projects that transform future development patterns. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. Our vision is to provide solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Core values are inspired by our teammates, our rich history, and our promising future: people are at the heart of our business, clients are our valued partners, and performance excellence is our commitment. These principals, our specialized knowledge, and technical personnel allow us to advance solutions to any transportation infrastructure challenge.
Our office is comprised of a comprehensive group of professionals who are industry leaders with the ability to work on a variety of projects. Project types range from large design/build infrastructure projects to traditional projects within the government and commercial sector. The candidate will lead a transportation design team, oversee all aspects of highway design projects and assist with business development opportunities.
• Responsible for the quality of project work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for transportation projects
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of transportation projects to ensure that goals and objectives of these projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
• Establishes work plan, fee estimate and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of the project, and works with department managers regarding assignment of project personnel
• Subconsultant management
• Confirms roadway and highway design meets local (State, County or City) or AASHTO standards at both conceptual and final design levels.
• Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned
• Assists in the development and execution of local marketing and business development
• Researches and tracks future project opportunities
• Initiates and reviews proposals; Participates in interviews and presentations
• Occasional travel for project related tasks
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (MS preferred) from an accredited university with an emphasis in roadway design is required
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in roadway design / project management is required
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is required
• Exercise sound judgment in the evaluation, selection and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria within the discipline
• Established local client relationships and has experience on VDOT and/or county projects preferred, along with an understanding of policies and procedures of these agencies is required
• Actively engaged in professional organizations
• Technical understanding of highway/roadway design standards including horizontal and vertical geometrics, drainage, traffic signals, signing, lighting and cross sections
• Working knowledge of CAD systems – MicroStation, Geopak, and InRoads.
• Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skill
• Promote Jacobs quality control practices through all phases of design and plans production
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.