|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Years of Experience||8|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
• Will work under supervision of Senior Structural Engineer or a Project Manager in projects in NY metro Region
• Development of structural drawings and specifications and coordination with other disciplines
• Perform structural analysis and design for new transportation facilities or for renovation on existing facilities
• Perform site visits and inspections and review shop drawings
• Develop structural sketches and respond to RFIs
• Provide technical response in developing proposals
• Work will include multiple projects and task assignments for various city and state agencies in NY region such as (NYCT, MNR, LIRR, and PANYNJ)
- BS in Civil Engineering is required
- MS in Civil Engineering with focus on Structural Engineering is preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in NY or can obtain license within a year is required
- At least 8 years of experience
- Knowledge of construction drawing standards
- Competent in using building Code and understanding of ACI and AISC provisions
- Proficient in using STAAD, SAP, RAM Steel to analyze building structures
- Competent in using AutoCAD and Microstation and ability utilize REVIT or Bentley in BIM
- Skilled in using MS word, Excel, and power point
- Experience within Transportation industry and Understanding of AREMA is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Self-starter and can work independently
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.