|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Years of Experience||3|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
To learn more about:
JSEG, visit https://YesWeAreRocketScientists.com
The Huntsville area, visit http://www.huntsville.org/
The development of CREO CAD models for design concepts and refinement of those conceptual CAD models using engineering equations to support derived hardware requirements will be the primary job objective. Following the development of the CAD models other responsibilities include the development of hardware production drawings to support the fabrication of the components for build and assembly.
- Develop designs for both flight and non-flight hardware including Structural and Mechanical Hardware.
- Work with large assemblies and subassembly models in support of the ECLSS Upgrades and Spares team which currently supports the International Space Station and future NASA missions.
- Work with a team of engineers and designers to:
- Design and/or select hardware components
- Develop CAD models of structures and mechanisms
- Develop detailed fabrication and assembly drawings
- Provide fabrication support to shop personnel
- Participate in task meetings and conferences as requested.
- Collaborate with outside vendors and personnel from other NASA centers on the development of integrated flight hardware, special test equipment, and ground support equipment.
- Develop and deliver reports and presentations to MSFC and ESSCA management as needed.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a minimum of a Masters with at least 3 years of experience, or BS with at least 5 years of experience.
The following skills are required:
- Proficiency in CREO Elements/Pro/Pro-E 3-D modeling and 2-D drafting, must have minimum of at least 2 years of CREO experience.
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (ASME Y14.5M-1994)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
The following skills are highly desired:
- Familiarity using CAD drafting standards such as Global Drawing Requirements or MIL-STD-100, MSFC CAD Standard, etc.
- Familiarity with design of flight hardware, special test equipment, and ground support equipment
- Capabilities to perform design level structural analysis
- Proficiency in using PDM system for active CAD data management
- Familiarity with handling CAD and drawing CM processes through the release cycle.
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.