|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
SR. PROJECT MANAGER, MATERIALS INSPECTION & TESTING
Job Type:Permanent - Full Time
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Geotechnical Materials Inspection & Testing group, located at our Cambridge office. Reporting to the Business Unit Leader this position will be responsible for all aspects of project management, technical coaching and quality control, and client management.
- Responsible for all aspects of project management from bid to close (proposal planning and submission, determination of fees, obtaining approvals, project scope, budgeting, timelines, and staffing)
- Maintain regular communication with clients regarding project status, site issues and project quality and resolve issues as required;
- Involve functional expertise and specialist staff in technical reviews and key decisions;
- Evaluate contractor performance to ensure project deliverables and quality standards are achieved
- Resolve issues related to client relations, governmental relations, project quality, project risk and project safety; and manages vendor relations and procurement related to the project(s).
- Manage and communicates a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivates the project team to achieve them; creates a project environment that enables peak performance by team members;
- Responsible for project financials, including budget tracking, AR Collections, approving of subcontractor invoices, project deficits/surplus;
- Provide technical support and coaching to the team in a variety of capacities, while monitoring quality of work and collaboration;
- Promote strong workplace health and safety practices to ensure a positive health and safety culture;
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Engineering in civil, geotechnical, materials or related discipline
- P.Eng designation an asset;
- Intermediate-to-senior level experience in the consulting industry and managing projects dealing directly with clients;
- Experience with project management scheduling tools/software;
- Experience preparing proposals and bids to general contractors/other engineering firms;
- Familiarity with risk management principles;
- Excellent client interface skills and ability to develop new business with internal and external clients;
- Experience with a variety of clients including Municipal, Government Agencies, Private Developers and;
- Ability to be innovative and solve problems, while mitigating risk;
- Current with modern technological advances and a willingness to promote this throughout the business;
- Strong time and people management skills;
- Committed to superb client service and process improvement;
- Eagerness and flexibility to work on a wide variety of activities at all levels as requested;
- Willingness to travel and spend time on project sites during critical stages;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.