|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
JUNIOR GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER
Job Type:Permanent - Full Time
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Junior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotechnical department, located at our Toronto Constellation office. Reporting to the Manager, the Junior Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for working with a team of specialists to conduct geotechnical investigations and provide technical expertise on projects for ongoing and new work.
- Provide technical services in a field and office environment
- Work with and provide support to other members of the field technician group in assisting with other field and office activities as required
- Working on all geotechnical assignments on projects of low to high complexity;
- Completing analysis of information and report preparation;
- Supervise and/or carry out site geotechnical investigations
- Participate in a team environment and strong communicator
- Strong workplace health and safety practices
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent programme;
- Ontario Driver's License and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Must be mobile and willing to work on a combination of field and office work;
- Occasional travel will be required;
- Proficiency with common geotechnical and other software is an assett;
- Excellent organizational ability, report writing and verbal communication in English are essential;
- Ability to think and act independently, while accepting direction;
- Excellence written and verbal communication skills;
- Enthusiastic, resourceful, organized, and detail oriented;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively and to proactively respond to time-sensitive issues;
- Excellent computer and technical writing skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment are essential.