|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Years of Experience||4|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Southeast Water practice is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to join our team. This position can sit in Nashville, Knoxville or Chattanooga, TN or Atlanta, GA.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of structures for equipment, products, and systems for municipal water and wastewater purposes.
- Evaluates the desired goal of the process and/or system and selects the required design parameters to accommodate process equipment or system
- Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of a structure or group of structures for municipal applications
- Confirms seismic and other local / regional code requirements and accounts for these requirements in a design
- Prepares specifications and operating instructions for structural processes
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software such as AutoCAD or Micro Station and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Has comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application
- Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering and design
- Works with senior discipline experts in offices throughout the Southeastern United States under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for adequacy on completion
- May provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel
- 4-7 years of experience with water/wastewater projects required
- BS or MS in Structural Engineer required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- EIT certificate is required
- PE Registration in related discipline preferred
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
- AutoCAD 3D, Revit, and/or BIM skillsets preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.