|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
Jacobs is a global provider of technical, professional and scientific services including engineering, architecture, construction, operations and project management. Our portfolio spans industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
An exciting Sydney-based opportunity exists for an intermediate level Structural Engineer who has experience in the design and construction of buildings for transport, water and commercial development projects. This role will suit a self-starter with a strong background in delivering structural design and leading projects. This opportunity will give you exposure to work across a broad range of industry sectors on medium-to-large scale and landmark building projects.
As a Structural Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Participate in, lead and deliver structural projects (transport, water and commercial development)
- Participate in establishing new clients and business in the private sector
- Prepare technical specifications, write reports and provide technical engineering support and advice
- Undertake site inspections and investigations of projects during construction
- Work closely with clients and liaise with sub-consultants and contractors around project updates
- Tertiary qualification (minimum Bachelor level) in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- A Professional Membership through Engineers Australia, preferable CPEng.
- A solid work history of structural engineering experience within a consultancy environment (preferably in Australia)
- Substantial structural design experience in Australia
- Proven track record in Australian structural building designs (including substantial steel and concrete experience)
- Ability to successfully liaise with clients, sub-consultants and contractors
- Be proficient in structural analysis and design software such as Microstran, SpaceGass, Rapt, Slabs, Strand 7 and ETABS
What this opportunity can offer you:
- The opportunity to work on large scale landmark building projects
- Continued professional development and excellent career path
- A collaborative and team focused environment
At Jacobs we value people. Having the right balance of diversity, career and lifestyle enables us to consistently deliver and exceed clients’ expectations.
Working alongside industry leaders, you will have the opportunity to develop your career working on key projects in an environment which encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and innovation. To support your professional growth, Jacobs flexible working arrangements, extended leave options and a host of social, health and wellbeing events and initiatives will underpin our commitment to you. Rethinking how you work, our culture at Jacobs means it’s all about what you do, not where you are, which counts!
It’s a great time to join Jacobs. Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below.