|Years of Experience||10|
Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of facilities, such as earthwork, roads, railroads, airport, bridges, pipelines, Oil & Gas plants, water and sewage systems, and waste disposal units. Should be capable of handling large projects as Lead.
- Serves as a Civil lead and well conversant with man hour estimates, staffing, deliverable lists, progress, productivity, managing subordinates, mentoring, giving technical guidance, conducting trainings
- Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large and small land/site development or transportation related projects, has the responsibility for own civil engineering work of aforementioned types of projects
- Resolves a variety of complex problems (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements)
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams
- Prepare plans and technical specifications, contract documents and estimates
- Participates in contract bidding and administration: observes project activity on site
- Has comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity
- Accomplishes results through engineering employees within the discipline
- Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and schedules
- 10+ years of progressive work experience in the civil engineering field is required.
- Lead experience for at least 3 years on similar projects
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering is required
- Knowledge of advanced civil engineering techniques is required
- Civil 3D experience required.
- Ability to coordinate with other phases of a project, clients and regulatory agencies required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is required
- AutoCAD proficiency is required
- Ability to interface with other disciplines on projects is required
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
At JESA, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.