|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Years of Experience||10|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our St Louis office is looking for a new teammate that is self-motivated, committed to high-quality work performance, capable of being self- sufficient, has excellent planning and communication skills, and the ability to work with other staff in a project team environment. This position will provide the ideal person an opportunity to work on exciting projects and grow with the local and company wide structural team.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develops plans, specifications, and inspection reports as needed
- Analyze and Design structures in the field of civil transportation including bridges, culverts, retaining walls, noise barriers. May include river marine structures commonly associated with Ports or USACE facilities.
- Maintain quality control of the work product and effectively complete projects on time and within budget
- Helps resolve design problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project
- Calculates quantity estimates
- Supervise and schedule work of other team members Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Some client contact in preparation for Project Management duties
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required
- Masters of Science in Civil Engineer or Master’s degree in Structural Engineering is preferred.
- At least 10 or more years experience completing the design of bridges or marine structures is required. Experience in both a plus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration required. IL SE licensure is a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) MathCAD and Microstation (or AutoCAD) required. Experience using SAP2000 required, CSi-Bridge or MIDAS experience is preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.