|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Project Management|
|Residence Location||United States|
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
Candidate will be a member of the Requirements & Process Integration Group within the Program Integration Department. TOSC Program Integration provides strategic Program/Project Management support and leadership, including requirements integration, in meeting the flight and ground milestones across the contract. This position is a leadership role requiring extensive customer interaction. Responsibilities include:
- Performing Project Management functions, including managing technical, cost, and schedule issues, for Thermal Protection System manufacturing tasks
- Recommending and implementing process improvements for all areas of responsibility
- Performs other duties as assigned
BS degree in Engineering or equivalent related field from an accredited school plus minimum of ten (10) years of progressive and relevant experience.
- Requires strong practical problem solving skills
- Engineering Integration experience is highly desirable
- Budget and proposal experience is highly desirable; requires strong capabilities using MS Excel
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects without missing deadlines or sacrificing accuracy
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, and be able to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.