|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
|Years of Experience||10|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Morristown, NJ office is looking for a Geotechnical PE to join our established team.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead the design of shallow and deep foundations and earth retaining structures.
• Perform consolidation and liquefaction settlement analyses.
• Perform seismic site class evaluations.
• Prepare scopes of work and fee cost estimates.
• Prepare geotechnical reports.
• Work in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams from across North America.
• Possess an outgoing and positive attitude, are dependable and meet all assigned project deadlines.
• Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
• Perform and oversee geotechnical field explorations, including test borings, rock coring, test pits, cone penetration testing, hand augers, and other methods
• Ability to perform construction monitoring of earth retaining structures, deep foundations (drilled shafts, piles), and shallow foundations.
• Lead the team in preparing boring logs and subsurface profiles
• Familiar with commercially available geotechnical software (Slope/W, LPile, etc.)
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required
• Master of Science in Civil Engineering is preferred
• At least 10 years of experience on geotechnical projects is required
• Professional license registration in New Jersey is required
• Working knowledge of soil mechanics theory and laboratory testing techniques.
• Willingness and flexibility to travel for work.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer skills including CADD, Microsoft Office.
• Drivers license and reliable vehicle will be required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.