|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Project Management|
|Years of Experience||15|
|Residence Location||United States|
Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Incumbent is responsible for the full performance of every phase of a major project, including planning, directing, supervising, and controlling all technical, fiscal and administrative functions. Incumbent may supervise one or more lower level PM’s or the entire project team. This position is client facing with an emphasis on ensuring design, schedule, cost, scope, quality, and safety.
- Responsible for delivering large and/or multiple projects, on time, within budget and to agreed specifications and providing effective, skilled project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects and adding value to the business by applying proven project management techniques
- Leads team in the development of master project plans to accomplish project commitments and timing
- Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria
- Functions as a team lead for projects including acting as the liaison to internal departments as needed
- Manages large and often multiple projects and participates in corporate initiatives to assist in meeting the company's goals
- Ensures that project deliverables satisfy project requirements
- Assesses project requirements, while developing and recommending a sound approach or application to meet the needs of the project and client.
- Facilitates the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders, and conducts status review meetings among project team members and clients
- Manages and enhances project quality by providing ideas and suggestions to the team aimed at improving the effectiveness of their role, and of the project activities in general
- Determines, monitors and reviews costs, operational budgets, schedules and staffing requirements for project teams
- Plans, organizes and staffs key field positions
- Mentors and trains clients, vendors, and team members in project management methods, procedures and activities
- Bachelor in Engineering or Architecture is required.
- Professional Registration (P.E.) or Registered Architect (RA) is desired.
- Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building is required.
- 15 years of experience as a Project Manager in an Engineering, Environmental, or Construction organization is preferred.
- 15 years of experience in a project related technical field is preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.