|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to an assigned lead Engineer or Project Manager in an office or on a project construction work site, this is a temporary position providing on the job training. Duties provide meaningful work experience and business knowledge to college students in their chosen field.
- Performs routine aspects of assigned projects under close supervision, following established procedures
- Coordinate with Project Management professionals to make modifications and corrections to project specific documents
- Prepare and process client requested data or documents that are compliant with contract terms and client specific needs
- May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation
- Examine Project documents for completeness and accuracy
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering or Construction Management curriculum is required
- At least a 3.0 GPA is required
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is required
- Attention to detail and the ability to exercise good professional judgment is required
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management regarding project activity is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.