|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Bentley Systems Inc.|
|Company Industry||Construction/Architecture Technology|
|Years of Experience||4|
|Residence Location||United States|
Are you an attorney with 4 - 7 years of commercial and IT transactional experience? If so, we’re looking for you! Bentley Systems is seeking an Associate Counsel to join its legal department at its corporate headquarters in Exton, PA (near Philadelphia). Bentley has a Legal and Compliance team of more than 25 lawyers and support staff at nine global locations. Your primary responsibilities will include North American commercial negotiations and other general legal work. The ideal candidate will have strong academic credentials and major law firm experience.
Job ID: 23025
• Manage North America contract negotiators on commercial transactions and related matters.
• Act as primary negotiator to review, draft and negotiate commercial software licensing, consulting and subcontracting agreements and advise on responding to RFPs.
• Balance legal and commercial risk against commercial priorities of the company.
• Act as trusted legal advisor to internal stakeholders with respect to North America commercial transactions and the development of commercial programs.
What You Bring To The Team:
• Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate legal and commercial risks clearly and succinctly to senior management and stakeholders.
• Ability to make independent decisions and negotiate to closure, with escalation as needed.
• The ideal candidate will have experience with software licensing transactions and/or experience in the IT/software industry.
• Prior experience with government procurement, cloud, data protection and privacy issues is a plus.
• Prior in-house experience is a plus.
• J.D. required
• 4- 7 years relevant contract negotiation experience in-house and/or in private practice.
What We Offer:
• Competitive Salary and excellent benefits.
• A friendly, collaborative and supportive team environment.
• Being part of the world-leading software company providing solutions for architecture, engineering and construction.
• The opportunity to work with a global team of legal professionals
• Beautiful Suburban Philadelphia office location with great walking trails and close to Marsh Creek State Park – go hiking or kayaking after work!
Bentley Systems is a global leader in providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley users leverage information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better-performing projects and assets. Bentley solutions encompass MicroStation applications for information modeling, ProjectWise collaboration services to deliver integrated projects, and AssetWise operations services to achieve intelligent infrastructure – complemented by worldwide professional services and comprehensive managed services.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $600 million in annual revenues, and since 2008 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.