|Job Location||United States|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is actively searching for qualified candidates for a potential Civil Engineer position in the Arlington, VA, Denver, CO, Baltimore, MD, St. Louis, MO and Dayton, OH areas.
Responsible for the quality of civil/ structural engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing,
reputation of the office, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for civil engineering projects. Such
projects include, but are not limited to land/site development, transportation, and public works.
- Uses advanced techniques to modify and extend civil engineering theories, precepts and practices.
- Plans and conducts work requiring independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/ modification of standard
techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Independently resolves complex engineering problems.
- Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large land/site development, related projects, or has
overall responsibility for the civil engineering work on an aforementioned type project of a larger scope.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates civil engineering work.
- Also, supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State,
and County officials, and other outside agencies.
- Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials,
difficult coordination requirements).
- Consults with supervisor on unusual problems and developments.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
- Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Participates in contract bidding and administration; observes project action on site.
- Leads, coordinates and reviews the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to
- Performs other duties assigned by a Senior or Lead Engineer or Project Manager.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Qualifications - External
- BS in Civil Engineering is required
-TS/SCI Clearance required
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects is required
- MS in an Engineering discipline is preferred
- PE registration is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred
- Experience with Microstation is preferred
- Experience on federal, retail, and/or municipal project is preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.