|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Civil - Project Management|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 74,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Read more about our graduates by clicking below:
Business Unit Description
We currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Civil Engineer within our Water Team based in Belfast. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Responsibilities associated with this post will include:
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies and investigations
- Developing detailed designs
- Supporting tendering procedures and putting together proposals
- Compiling and checking reports
You will hold or be working towards an accredited MEng in Civil Engineering, at 2.1 or above. We will also expect:
- Strong Mathematical Skills
- Strong Computer software skills
- Strong team working capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Focus on results and project delivery
- Previous work experience in a water team
- An interest in developing both technical and Project Management skills
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements Chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow…
At Jacobs we have recently celebrated 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘BeyondZero’. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives. When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range ofGlobal Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well-being of all.