|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Thomas & Hutton|
|Company Industry||Infrastructure Surveying Transportation Water Management Consulting Design|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Years of Experience||3|
|Residence Location||United States|
Thomas & Hutton has an opening for a motivated and driven Structural Engineer in Training to join our Savannah, GA Office.
Working under the direction of a Project Manager, the candidate will be performing structural design calculations, along with the production of construction drawings to be used for bidding and construction. Duties include making regular site visits to gather information prior to design, perform condition assessments, and oversee pieces of construction. The position also involves assisting with permitting applications, to include drawings and coordination of data.
Typical projects will include:
- coastal/marine structures such as docks, wharves, piers, bulkheads, dolphins, marinas, revetments and others,
- industrial facilities such as buildings, equipment foundations, crane systems,
- bridges, including primarily timber and concrete
Experience: 3 years work experience in a structural position
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering. EIT Certification required.
- Ability to work on a large variety of projects with differing materials.
- Experience with Finite Element Modeling software – RISA 3D, SAP2000 preferred.
- Fluent in AutoCAD and experience with Revit.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of how to use design codes.
- Ability to work both with a team and independently.
- Ability to perform site visits and assessments.
- Ability to communicate - verbally and written.
- Knowledge of and experience working with other engineering disciplines and architects.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to work a regular schedule of 730AM - 530PM Mon-Thurs and 730AM - 1130AM Fri.
- Proven ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritize workflow and complete tasks.
- Highly client service oriented, self-starter, and a team player.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Desire to learn.
Please note, sponsorship is not available for this position. Thomas & Hutton is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant
Thomas & Hutton’s Mission Statement, “Relationships and Solutions for Success” describes not only our unwavering commitment to clients but also our commitment to the success, both professionally and personally, of our employees. Thomas & Hutton was named to the Best Places to Work in South Carolina and Georgia by SCBIZ and Georgia Trend, and named One of the best Civil Engineering firms to work for by CE News/Zweig White. What makes Thomas & Hutton a great place to work? Opportunities for professional development, strong benefits and compensation packages, a commitment to make our communities better for future generations, a family-oriented culture, and our reputation as a firm with extremely knowledgeable professionals who serve as trusted advisors to our clients. Visit www.thomasandhutton.com to learn more.
Some of our many benefits include:
Health, Wellness, and Work/Life Benefits
- Superior Health, Dental, and Rx Insurance Programs
- Vision coverage
- Company paid short term and long term disability Insurance
- On-Site health clinics operated by a Health Practitioner
- Condensed work schedule
Financial & Retirement Benefits
- Generous base compensation and bonus plan
- 401(K) plan - employee matching of $.50 for each dollar contributed up to 6%
- 401(K) Roth and profit sharing component
Paid time off, Holidays and other leave
- Generous annual leave policy for personal, vacation, sick and bereavement purposes. Eligibility begins upon hire
- 8 company paid holidays annually
Professional Development Benefits
- Thomas & Hutton University - On-site provider of professional development hours and continuing education credits
- College tuition reimbursement programs (Graduate & Undergraduate)
- In-house Up and Ready Civil 3D Software Training Program