|Company||Gannett Fleming, Inc.|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
SENIOR HIGHWAY ENGINEER IN TORONTO , AT GANNETT FLEMING
Date Posted: 3/20/2018
WHAT YOU WILL DO
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is recognized as leader in transportation, providing a comprehensive range of services for major transportation systems and facilities – from planning, engineering, and design through construction management. The firm is consistently ranked among the country’s top engineering firms by Engineering News-Record. Furthermore, its highway and bridge projects are recognized time and again with both regional and national awards. Its key services include highway, bridge, traffic, transportation systems operations and ITS, incident/emergency management, toll facility, and tunnel design, as well as Design-Build delivery.
Our Transportation Practice is currently seeking a Senior Highway Engineer in an effort to expand the Gannett Fleming’s presence in the Greater Toronto area and see this role is pivotal to achieving this objective. Key responsibilities will include reinforcing and continuing to establish strategic market position/service offerings for the group to align with client needs and Gannett Fleming strategic initiatives. Serving as a Project Manager, Task Manager and/or Bridge Technical Advisor on Project Pursuits; and mentor to structural staff.
Successful candidates will be a motivated self-starter individual that aspires to work in a team environment and to ultimately grow and mature into a future leadership role in project management.
- Perform engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
- Established working relationships and contact with client technical staff and project managers
- Provide engineering design services for traditional design-bid-build projects and design-build highway projects
- Mentor and assist junior engineers in developing final design plans, including but not limited to cross sections, traffic control, drainage, and signing and pavement markings plans
- Coordinate design activities and meetings between design staff, subcontractors, and client managers
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling performance
- Identify schedule and cost variances and develop and implement recommendations for corrective action
- Participate in project by completing tasks within schedule and budget with teams comprised of different disciplines
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Professional Engineering (P.Eng) License registered in Ontario or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- 10 – 15 of years’ progressive engineering experience possessing a broad knowledge and experience in transportation/design and strong technical skills in highway design is required
- Full and in-depth familiarity with MicroStation and Geopak design software is required
- Experience with Corridor Modeler is desirable
Life at Gannett Fleming
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-Time
Internal Requisition ID: 2017-4687