|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Gannett Fleming, Inc.|
|Job Role||Civil - Project Management|
|Residence Location||United States|
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGERS (WATER WASTEWATER) IN TAMPA, FL , AT GANNETT FLEMING
Date Posted: 3/13/2018
WHAT YOU WILL DO
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is looking for experienced Construction Project Managers to join our Florida water/wastewater team.
The qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate closely relevant experience in monitoring construction contractors and inspecting contractors' work to verify compliance with plans and specifications for wastewater pump station and treatment plant rehabilitation projects in a major city environment. The qualified candidate will also be able to demonstrate superior understanding of construction means and methods, importance of public and worker safety and techniques to measure quality of materials and workmanship.
- Coordinates activities related to project construction
- Conducts project meetings
- Oversees construction inspectors
- Understands construction group policies and procedures
- Prepares and reviews monthly and weekly construction status reports
- Reviews construction schedules and sequences for best practices and adherence to contract requirements
- Understands adherence to regulatory requirements
- Prepares and reviews contractors’ payment request, reports, shop drawings, schedules, cost estimates, claims and change orders
- Updates program’s construction database
- Attends substantial and final inspections
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline preferred; commensurate experience in construction projects including experience in planning, designing, and constructing water or wastewater treatment and/or conveyance facilities will be considered.
- PE or CCM preferred
- 4-8 years relevant water/wastewater experience as a Construction Manager
- Ability to understand complex contract documents and technical processes
- Must have experience with Wastewater Pumping stations, Treatment Plants and related facilities
- Must have the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite.
Life at Gannett Fleming
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Tampa, FL
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-Time
Internal Requisition ID: 2017-4559