|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Gannett Fleming, Inc.|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Residence Location||United States|
BRIDGE ENGINEER IN RALEIGH, NC , AT GANNETT FLEMING
Date Posted: 3/13/2018
WHAT YOU WILL DO
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
A successful candidate to perform structural analysis, design and detailed plan preparation of steel and concrete bridges, related highway structures, as well as have a good understanding of highway and geotechnical engineering. Desired candidate is familiar with NCDOT design policies, standards, and specifications. The candidate will serve as a project engineer and assist the bridge project manager for multidisciplinary projects. The candidate should possess skills to perform bridge design calculations and generation of bridge plans. The candidate will work with team members to maintain and improve current client relationships.
This position would also assist with performing bridge safety inspections. Some travel will be required with these inspections. Position requires effective time management, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Successful candidate will be articulate with a professional presence and solid decision-making, planning and organizational skills.
What You Will Do
- Perform and check bridge geometry, design and quantity calculations
- Review / check bridge plans for bridges and other transportation related structures.
- Develop contract documents, such as specifications, cost estimates and review of construction documents such as shop drawings or contractor requests
- Perform bridge inspections & load ratings
- Coordinate work activities and provide guidance to supporting staff
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registered North Carolina PE preferred.
- 3-8 years of experience working as bridge design engineer.
- Experience with design and plan development for NCDOT is required.
- Experience with LRFD concrete and steel design.
- Proficient with Conspan, RC Pier, structural design programs and Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel). Familiar with STAAD, Merlin Dash, MDX.
- Must be familiar with Microstation and Geopak. Strong basic knowledge of the bridge plan development and detailing preferred.
- Familiarity with NCDOT WIGINS program for inspections preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong skills in structural analysis, steel design and concrete design as it relates to transportation structures.
- Diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas related to bridge design; Substructure design and Superstructure design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, self-starter, demonstrated organization skills, team player, and willingness to learn.
- Preference given to local candidates.
Life at Gannett Fleming
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Raleigh, NC
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-Time
Internal Requisition ID: 2017-4671