|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Gannett Fleming, Inc.|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Residence Location||United States|
ENTRY LEVEL ITS ENGINEER IN PHILADELPHIA, PA , AT GANNETT FLEMING
Date Posted: 3/13/2018
WHAT YOU WILL DO
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
We are currently seeking a highly motivated entry level ITS engineering professional who wants to join an exciting team of transportation professionals in the GF Transportation Operations (TOPS) Practice in Philadelphia, PA.
As an ITS Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on ITS, tolling, and managed lanes projects throughout the country, and will gain valuable experience in alternative project delivery methods (e.g. Public Private Partnerships, Design-Build, etc.)
Candidates must be comfortable with some travel, and will primarily work from the Gannett Fleming Office located in Philadelphia, PA. This position offers a competitive salary, great benefits, plenty of opportunity for growth, and the opportunity to be an integral part of our team!
What You Will Do
- Design – Develop project at all stages of the design process including concept of operations, systems engineering analysis, requirements development, preliminary engineering, and final engineering for a variety of intelligent transportation systems projects.
- Planning – Assist clients with a variety of transportation operations planning initiatives to help maximize return on investment. Planning for transportation operations falls into a variety of categories: business/work planning, strategic planning, budget planning, human capital planning, and long-range planning.
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required.
- Responsible for timeliness, completeness and accuracy of assigned requirements
- Meeting planning and coordination as directed by TOPS Management
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and electronic communications
- Participate in meetings, seminars, conferences, and committees as assigned
- Participate in occasional field investigations of project sites
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering
- E.I.T. or on the path to obtaining licensure
- Candidate must be able to work both independently and in a collaborative, team environment.
- Capable of executing business communications; to include: memos, reports, analysis, etc.
- Capable of multi-tasking and working in a fast paced environment
- Competent in all MS Office products
- Competent in basic use of computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Technical writing skills to include grammar editing and content flow
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Time management experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- Proficiency in MicroStation/AutoCAD is strongly preferred
- Up to 3 years working in the field of transportation
Life at Gannett Fleming
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM (flexible
Employment Status: Full-Time
Internal Requisition ID: 2018-4852