|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Years of Experience||10|
|Residence Location||United States|
Reporting to the Construction Manager or Project Manager, this is a site based position that interacts directly with the General Contractor. This role ensures that the scope of work is followed as per the clients specifications on schedule, with quality craftsmanship, and safely. Other responsibilities include reading construction drawings, and a working knowledge of local codes and regulations.
- Possess technical competence, skill and knowledge of the construction industry
- Understand Contract Documents including Drawings, Specifications and Contracts and provide technical assistance and recommendations for action
- Conduct efficient Meetings, prepare and distribute Meeting Minutes
- Conduct necessary Field Investigations, provide Field Inspections, prepare concise and distribute timely associated Reports
- Receive, review, coordinate, track and process RFI's
- Provide Schedule review and monitoring including suggestions for changes
- Prepare Change Order packages including preparing an independent estimate with final recommendations
- Provide knowledgeable review of contractor Pay Application and provide recommendations with associated paperwork
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions and provide recommendations
- Possess a working knowledge of Safety procedures, practices and standards
- Communicate effecting in speaking and writing, including listening
- Build relationships and create teamwork within the company, and the project team
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or equivalent experience is required
- 10 years of site inspection experience required
- Certificate in discipline field is preferred
- Strong computer software skills within the Microsoft Suite of tools (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat is required
- Knowledge of general photography preferred
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.