|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 74,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
Jacobs is creating an enviable reputation in the UK highways consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with the Highways agency, Contractors and Local Authorities. And our plans to add to this portfolio continue. So would you like to be a member of our exciting team?
The hours of this role are negotiable and able to be tailored to the personal preference of the right candidate.
- Reporting to the Project Manager, you will lead a team of engineers and technicians working on a variety of projects.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports, scheme design for highways, drainage, flooding and a variety of other projects.
- You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across the project and for the monitoring of progress.
- You will be expected to attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries.
- Working in other offices may be necessary from time to time dependant on projects.
- A degree in Civil Engineering.
- IEng/CEng and MICE status or equivalent.
- Proven experience of most aspects of major highway schemes.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of DMRB standards.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Good IT skills
- Driving licence (with over 4 years experience desirable)
- Experience of construction supervision.
- Knowledge of the financial management and control of projects.
- Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
- Able to produce well presented and accurate reports.
- MX/3D Cad proficient, and/or drainage design capabilities (WINDES or equivalent)
At Jacobs we have recently celebrated 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘BeyondZero’. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives. When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.