|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Environmental - Chemistry|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs employ the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs, within the Process and Chemicals division, we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we offer capable and committed individuals the opportunity to shape their careers how they wish.
Within the UK our C&I group are seeking to increase our team with capable Instrument engineers to work on detailed design projects for the Exxon Fawley site.
Increased workload from new projects wins mean we are looking to recruit the right calibre of person to get involved in our interesting and challenging projects. The role will involve work on refinery revamp projects. Travel Client Site and offices will be required on Adhoc basis.
Primary Job Responsibilities
As a Senior Instrumentation Engineer you will be working on Detailed design projects.
- Leading the engineering / design for small/medium projects
- Liaising with clients and other design team members.
- Input to P&ID review, design reviews, man-hour estimates
- Understanding project workscopes and basis of design and producing Instrument Deliverables to meet design and construction requirements.
- Maintaining technical quality to schedule
- Ensuring project financial performance
- Develop and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients, designers and other design team members
- Ability to lead and delivery small instrumentation projects.
- Degree qualified
- Established and strong track record in the application and selection of field instruments, developing Instrument Datasheets and Critical Equipment Requisitions.
- Understanding of the design requirements relating to instrumentation and control systems
- Experience of site installation/commissioning of instruments.
- Knowledge of the variety of installation requirements for equipment in Hazardous areas
- Flexibility to travel for client meetings, vendor meetings and acceptance testing.
- Experience of SPI, Instrument Index, P&ID Mechanisation, developing Construction workpacks.
- Previous experience working on Exxon projects.
- Previous experience working with multi-centre execution
- Selection of equipment to meet PED requirements.
- Experience of specifiying DCS, ESD, BMS, F&G Systems.
- Managing ICSS Vendor for delivery of MAC Contract for project.
- Experience of contributing and participating in HAZOP \ SIL Assessments and other technical studies.
At Jacobs we have recently celebrated 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘BeyondZero’. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives. When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.